Illinois Wesleyan University Weekly Incident Report

By Olivia Jacobs Sep 11, 2020

Photo Credit: Clipart

August 30 12:00p.m.

A smoke detector fire alarm was malfunctioning in the Fricke Student Apartments. 

August 30 3:50a.m. 

A fire alarm was going off at Sigma Chi fraternity house There was no fire, but water flow from the alarm system caused damage. 

August 31 7:30p.m. 

 A smoke alarm was activated at the East St. Student Apartments due to a combination of a smoking candle as well as steam from a shower. 

September 2 1:30a.m. 

The fire panel alarm went off in CNS, but there was no fire. It was only a supervisory alarm. 

September 2 10:40p.m. 

Campus safety officers handled a use and possession of marijuana violation in Gulick Hall. The marijuana and paraphernalia were confiscated and a report was made.

September 2 9:00a.m.

Martin Hall, an abandoned building owned by the university, was broken into and plywood was removed from a covered window.

September 3 6:15 p.m. 

The fire panel alarm went off in CNS, but it was the supervisory alarm again and there was no fire.

September 4 8:00p.m.

Campus safety officers handled a marijuana violation in the Harriet Fuller Rust House.

September 4 10:30p.m.

Campus Safety Officers responded to a large indoor gathering at the Fricke Apartments where there was no masks or social distancing.

September 4 10:50p.m.

The fire alarm went off in the Theta Chi fraternity house, but it was another malfunction and no real fire was present.

September 4 11:00p.m. 

The smoke detector went off in the Sigma Chi fraternity house, but there was no fire and the alarm was deemed defective. 

September 4 11:50p.m.

Campus Safety Officers responded to a large gathering at the TKE fraternity house with no masks or social distancing.

September 5 9:20a.m. 

Campus Safety Officers responded to a safety hazard at the Ames Library involving large amounts of broken glass. 

September 5 3:25p.m.

Campus Safety Officers responded to a personal injury at Beadles Hall where an individual suffered a foot injury after tripping on the sidewalk.

September 6 10:20p.m. 

The fire alarm at Sigma Chi fraternity house went off, but there was no fire and it was determined to be a malfunction of the alarm. 

September 6 9:25p.m.

Campus Safety Officers responded to a safety hazard at the Pfeiffer Breezeway where there was a broken pane of glass.

September 7 8:25p.m.

The fire alarm panel went off in CNS, but it was a supervisory alarm and there was no fire. 

Related Post